Learning to Dance
Our club is open from 1:00pm to 10:00pm Monday through Friday, and Saturday from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Members are welcome to enjoy the facilities, sit in on the lessons and practice to their heart's content.
Candlelight Dance Club offers a large array of activities for their students all year long.
"Practice makes perfect" as the saying goes, and our facilities are available to use either by yourself or with other members to practice as long as you would like.
Parties are important, and are the fun part of the learning process, they supply the "battle conditions" that are essential in becoming an expert. Besides, they're a great place to meet the nicest people in town.
We have one night every month where we open our club to the friends or family of our members to come and enjoy a group lesson and a party.
Group classes are a great supplement to your private instruction and we supply them in abundance. Any member can reduce their learning time by half through diligently attending classes. The most improved dancers in the school are the people attending classes on a regular basis.
Some of the benefits of group classes are as follows:
- Group classes allow practice in leading and following with a variety of partners. (Teachers are too easy to lead and follow)!
- Group classes are good for extra practice in order to turn conscious thoughts of movement into natural muscle memory.
- Many students learn new dances not currently on their program through group class attendance.
- Many new variations in your favorite dances can be learned in group classes.
- Group classes enable you to meet other students.
- Group classes provide experience for crowded dance floor conditions.
- GROUP CLASSES ARE FUN!
Another way to improve your ballroom dancing is to participate in changing partners. It will develop your skills in leading and following.
Remember that having a good time at the classes and parties will be largely up to you. Get out on the dance floor and enjoy the dancing.
The privacy of a private lesson refers to the fact that you have your own teacher on a one-on-one basis and not to a "private" room. Private lessons are the foundation of our teaching system and your "key" teacher will become your advisor, dance confessor and good friend.
Private lessons are a perfect way to prepare for your upcoming special event or wedding, read more about our Special Events packages.
These are our most glamorous affairs, usually held at the finest hotels and open to all members on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Check out our calendar of events.